Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Avila was a lot like last week, except for the 100's of motorcycles along Front Street for the Toys for Tots drive.  It was sunny, warm enough, windless, almost surfless. The water was real clean and we had a very low tide.  The water was one degree colder than a week ago at 53 degrees.  It was just Sylvia and I today.   Sylvia was going to follow me in, as it takes her longer to get used to the water.  I headed out, turned left and wound up doing about a mile along the swimming the buoy line.  It was chilly but the swimming conditions were great.  I never connected with Sylvia. When I got out she was sitting in her dry swim suit reading the paper, having kept an eye on me from the beach.  There is no rain in sight so we'll be back next weekend.


niel 

No comments: