Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday, November 24, 2013


We had 11 swimmers, one kayaker and 7 otters in the water today.  Rob, Sylvia, Yvonne, Niel, Duke, Ali, Amy, Rick, Brad, John Hanse and Kim swam, Allison paddled and the otters entertained themselves by following our slow clumsy selves in the water.  We only have one buoy left on the east side now and I expect that it will be gone next week, so swimming at Avila is now in winter conditions; no buoy line to organize a swim by and colder water.  The water was 54 degrees today with a small swell out of the SW.  There was no wind.  Sylvia and Yevonne swam left, parallel to the beach and back.  Niel, Duke, John, Ali, Brad and Amy swam with Allison over to the Poly Pier and back.  Rob, Kim and Rick swam around the Avila Pier. As you can see by the plot, without the buoys my route became less organized.  Brad and I made a jog to connect with Amy and Ali and I swam straight to the pier on the way back.  Buoys or not this swim was still about a mile. I was in the water a total of 38 minutes. 

I'd like to swim early on Thanksgiving but it will probably rain, so maybe a Black Friday swim could happen.   I'll float the question on the Google group site and see if anyone else wants to do a Work Off that Second Piece of Pie Swim.

niel 

No comments: