Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Tuesday, June 2, 2020


 Distance - Tom and I thought that we would do about 2 miles today but went a little long. The route was to the end of the buoy line on the east side, to a spot between Fossil Point and teh Avila Rock, back to the end of the Avila Pier, over to the thrid crossbars at the Cal Poly Pier, to the end of the buoys on the west at the creek mouth and back to our starting point. That is what I did and clocked 2.25 miles. Tom swam towards shore along the CP Pier to the second crossbars before heading to our starting point, so he did about 400M moer than I for 2.5 miles. 


Niel and Tom at Fossil Point. Sorry about the junk on the camera lense.
Conditions were flat and calm, water temp about 55+ making smooth swimming conditions.

Me at the Cal Poly Pier. 
Tom is much faster than I and wears a farmer john wetsuit so he gets cold waiting for me.
These days, after the first 1000M, he starts to feel the cold and goes off of the front and no longer waits for me to catch up.  My wetsuit is really tosty so I'm not getting cold.

Thursday Tom and I are going to visit the end of the CP Pier. 

niel


No comments: