Sunday, March 14, 2021

Sunday, March 14th, 2021

 

Looking west from the Avila Pier towards the Cal Poly and Harford Piers
and Port San Luis with the sunrise behind me.  

Sunday was almost a copy of Saturday except the swimming conditions were even better. 
The air temperature was 50 degrees, the water 51.5, no wind, no surf and a flat and glassy ocean. Visibility was even better than yesterday. In 20 feet of water I could easily see detail on the bottom. A rare experience on the Central Coast.   
Jodi and Niel got in at 8. I wasn't feeling too adventurist so a triangle on the east side and over and back to the second crossbars on the Cal Poly Pier would be good for me.   

Leslie caught up with us at the end of the Avila Pier.
Leslie, Jodi and Niel

Leslie , Jodi and Niel at the second crossbars on the Cal Poly Pier.
From here Leslie and Jodi swam to the end of the pier and back to the Avila Pier.  I went directly to the Avila Pier.

No problems with the Garmin GPS today. 
I'll be back Tuesday morning at 8 unless we get too much rain Sunday and Monday nights.

We had a small group today which worked out well for Jodi and Leslie because I brought brownies and there were only two other swimmers to share them with.

niel 

No comments: