Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Tuesday, March 28th, 2023

   

Photo by Tom


At 8:15 it was a beautiful morning at Avila Beach between the storms. It was clear, 40° with no wind. The ocean had a flat and glassy surface and a water temperature of 9.5°C/ 49.1°F. The surf was 1 to 2 feet and the water was clear of any silt. 
Since I'm going to be out of town and not swimming until next Tuesday I decided to pay it forward a bit.  I took advantage of the clean water and swam over to and up and down along the Cal Poly Pier. 

The end of the CPP

The second crossbars where I turned around.

Tom was getting in just as I hit the beach.

By 9 o'clock a SE swell was coming up, telegraphing the coming rainstorm later in the day. It was a chilly but manageable swim. 90 minutes is close to my limit at these water temperatures.  Hopefully, sometime in April, we'll see and feel the season turn and the water will start creeping up towards 55° and the swimming will loose the special edge it has when the water temperature is around 50°.  MY Patagonia R3, 3.5/4.5 is my best friend at these temps. I do not know how Tom get buy with a farmer john and a long sleeved rash guard. 
With no wind, nice sunshine and a rising air temperature getting changed was a more relaxed experience than I've had in some time.  

Tom swim report:

Brrrr. Air temperature was 51 when I arrived at 9:30. There were scattered clouds and blue skies giving the impression of a warmer day than it felt.  My toes were telling me the water under 50°.  The ocean has settled down nicely after the storms. The water clarity was good. A day of swimming.

I'll post Tom's swims while I'm out of town.

niel

2 comments:

UY Trienviro Pvt. Ltd. said...

Thanks for the tips guys. They were all great. I have been having issues with being fat both mentally and physically. Thanks to you guys I have been showing improvements. Do post more.Industrial RO Plants

abdul rehman said...

Very captivating on the web diary. A ton of web diaries I see these days don't for the most part give whatever I'm enthused about, anyway I'm without a doubt propelled by this one. As of late felt that I would post and tell you. Tunxis Country Club wedding photos