Thursday, June 1, 2023

Thursday, June 1st, 2023

The Gods Must be Laughing - 

Poseidon, Neptune, maybe even Popeye, but they are having fun with us swimmers. 55° water on Tuesday and 51.7°/11°C today. Combined with the solid gray cloud cover it was chilly.

When asked about the water temperature I'm going to just say 51° and then the only surprises will be pleasant ones.  

Jim, Niel and Stephanie swam this morning at 7. We planned to do a loop out and around the Poly Pier. Stephanie needs a new wetsuit, got too cold and dropped off at the end of the Avila Pier. Jim also was cold in his borrowed wetsuit and swam in to the base of the Avila Pier from the end of the CPP. I had the warmest wetsuit by a good margin so I completed the loop and added a triangle for 4,746M. 
My Patagonia R3 is a 3.5/4.5 surf suit with kneepads and a rough outside texture to help you to stay on your board and is more bulky to than my Orca, but it is my best buddy when the water is around 50°.  Even in water in the 40's I've felt the cold but have never gotten cold. 

It will be Jim, Jodi, Tom I., and myself Saturday morning at 7. 

niel
  

No comments: