Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Tuesday, January 16th, 2024

 I was disappointed this morning when my thermometer showed 50°.

I look like I'm ready to get warmed up.
 
During my swim I was sure I would see a 48° or 49° water temperature. For whatever reason I was colder today than on Saturday and Sunday when the water was also 50°. 
Other than the water temperature the swimming was great. It was sunny and in the mid 40's and warming up quickly. There was just a light wind, one to two foot surf and a smooth ocean with nice clean water.  

I swam with a bottle of Fluid Performance today.  If I do a 90 minute swim in 50° water without any nutrition at the end I'll be starting to feel cold and my brain will be slowing down. I was curious if having some calories during the swim would help me feel warmer. The nutrition didn't do anything about how I felt the cold but I was much more alert and not dragging when I was getting changed. 

I'm going to try this again on Thursday and see how I do.

Rain, 4 to 5 inches in some places, is predicted for Saturday and Sunday so swimming this weekend will be weather dependent. 

niel   


No comments: