Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Tuesday, April 30th, 2024

 

I had a great swim this morning. The air temp was a nice 51° but it was really cold getting in. I measured the water temp as 49° at the end of the Poly Pier. Getting started and heading west along the buoy line I was not sure that I would wind up swimming the entire route that I had planned.  I got evened out enough with the water temperature and my stroke was feeling strong so when I had looped around to the end of the Avila Pier I decided to stick with my original goal of 3,700M. I turned left, made a second touch at the second crossbars on the Poly Pier, came back along my route out and finished.

The water had been calm and flat from the start but on the leg to the end of the Avila Pier an offshore breeze came up and put some decent chop on the water for me to push into. Once I turned at the end of the Avila Pier the chop started to lay down as I got closer to the beach. The last leg along the buoy line was almost flat. 

I was into swimming this morning and didn't stop to take yet another selfie. 

The wind will last until Thursday night and there is a chance of showers Saturday/Sunday so the water may warm up a bit. 
 
I'll swim Thursday morning at 7.

niel        

No comments: