Friday, July 5, 2024

Friday, July 5th, 2024

 Tom's Swim Report -


Another gorgeous day at Avila this morning. Very similar to the 3rd of July. 60° air temperature when I arrived at 9 AM. The fog was just starting to burn off and the water was glassy and calm. The water temperature was about 57° and the water clarity was excellent.  In the "whoops, this might've been a bad idea" department, as I was getting out of the ocean, the Port Authority for reasons unclear to me decided to drive one of their big utility trucks out onto the beach, and promptly got it stuck in the sand.  After my shower, they were continuing to prove the notion that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. They kept spinning their wheels and getting sunk in deeper.  I'm guessing those two guys won't be allowed to drive onto the beach anytime soon. 😄

Final note; as I was driving off the tractor was out there trying to help extract the truck.

No comments: