Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday, May 30. 2011




Rob and I got in a swim today. The conditions were much more favorable than yesterday. The wind was back to a normal summer pattern, with only a very light variable breeze at 10:30 and flat water. The water temperature was 50.5. Ouch! I wasn't sure if the lack of strong winds today would make the water feel any 'warmer' than yesterday's 51 but we had flat water and sunshine. We decided to do a modified triangle route. We started down at the creek and swam to the end of the Avila Pier, then to the last buoy on the east side of the pier and back along the buoy line to the pier and in. We were in the the water for 24 minutes and covered about 1400M. It was nice and warm on the beach afterwards with the breeze picking up between 12 and 1 PM.
We will be swimming again on Wednesday at 5:30.

niel

****

In other news... I'm working on putting together a night swim on Saturday June 4th for my birthday. The plan is to get in around 9pm and swim maybe a mile depending on who is there and the conditions. I have 2 confirmed out of towners (from orange county and santa cruz) and possibly a few more. If you want to come out and swim let me know via email at rob@robaquatics.com and I'll make sure to keep you up to date on whatever the latest news is! As a side note... I'm also looking for people willing to paddle in a kayak or on a surfboard to help corral swimmers and keep track of everybody.

thanks!

Rob D.

No comments: