Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wednesday, June 1st, 2011



It was just me and Ryan in the water on Wednesday night. I didn't bring a thermometer but the nearest buoy was running 49 degrees that evening, getting in the water that didn't feel too far off. It was definitely not warm! Ryan and I opted for a shorter swim and just did half a triangle on the right hand side of the pier. Out at the phantom creek buoy we saw the outrigger boats getting ready to launch from the beach and a seal sneaked behind us surfacing just long enough to check us out. There was a healthy current running left to right but it didn't really give us much trouble until we swam back down the length of the pier. It got a little bumpy and a little harder to swim through at that angle. We spent about 24 minutes in the water and swam around 1200m.

Earlier in the week I mentioned a night swim this coming Saturday, it doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate. I'm going call off this weekend and to try and reschedule it for later in the month. I'll make sure to announce it here so everybody knows when it's happening!

Rob D.

No comments: