Thursday, January 14, 2021

Theresa and I swam at Olde Port Beach at 9. I went short because I had a Dr's appointment later in the morning.  More on that below.  It was very clear, breezy and warm. The air temperature was 71 and the water 51. The surf was small, 2 to 3 foot, but surprisingly powerful with chest high foamy stuff sending me back towards the beach. There was a head high wind chop out of the SE.


I swam over to the third crossbars on the Cal Poly Pier and back.
Theresa continued on to do a lap out to the end of the pier and back.   

Theresa and Niel at the buoy line.

Theresa and Niel at the third crossbars on the Cal Poly Pier.

At my Dr's appoint I learned that the heart monitor that he wanted me to wear for a week was not waterproof so I'm beached until the 21st. It will be riding, running and just showers for a week. Sounds like a low tech gadget to me, but it is not raining so riding is a nice option. 

If anyone wants to send me a swim report or photos I'll post them.

niel 
niel  


 

No comments: