Friday, January 27, 2023

Friday, January 27th, 2023

Today is my birthday and I started the day off with a great swim. The water is cleaner that is has been in weeks so the west side of the pier is back in play. I planned on swimming some sort of a big triangle. I got in at 7:35 with clear skies and an air temp of 36°. The wind is still offshore but the bottom keeps changing. Today it was like walking across a plowed field, every step was either up or down, but level. I didn't have to start swimming until I was most of the way to the fence on the pier. The water was colder. I measured 10.5°C/50.9°F.

The wind pushed me around a bit but the chop wasn't noticeable so the swimming was smooth.

Avila gave me a great birthday present. Coming in at the end of Tuesday's swim I lost my Avila Dolphins swim cap in the surf.  The ocean decided to give it back. A kind person found it and left it at the showers where I found it today, full of sand but good as new after a rinsing.

I'm going to swim tomorrow at 8 and Sunday at 11.


niel  

No comments: