Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Tuesday, April18th, 2023

 


This morning was a beautiful time to swim at Avila. At 7 0'clock it was sunny and 42° with a slight wind. There was some small chop on the water. The surf was 2 + feet. I had a great swim doing two big triangles. I cut some corners which left me short of 4,000M. The water temperature was 9.5°C/49°F. I thought that with the wind we've had it would have been 46 or 47. 49° is still really cold but if anything, this winter's water temperatures have taught that things are relative.  I'm actually looking forward to water in the low 50's.     

Some clouds came in and the wind died while I was swimming so my second half was smoother.  I got into it and pushed to the finish. 



Tom's Tuesday swim report: 

There were blue skies and scattered clouds at Avila when I arrived at 9:30. The air temperature was about 62 and there was a slight breeze going from east to west. Along with the breeze, there was a small swell that added a bit of a bump and roll to the water. My toes tell me the water was 49° with spots that were 48.  My prediction/wishful thinking for a couple extra degrees of water warmth did not happen. Nevertheless, it was a nice morning swim. And, I forgot to mention, there were several dolphins frolicking out just passed the Avila pier. Always cool to see them!  


I need to do some water sampling early Thursday so I'll be getting in closer to 7:30.

Pat, Stephanie and I will swim at 6:30 on Saturday so Pat can be in AG by 9. 

niel

No comments: