Thursday, October 5, 2023

Thursday, October 5th, 2023

I got in a bit before 7. Jim caught up with me about 15 minutes later. Today Duke did his ride first so I did not see him. He did swing by and leave a card on my car when I was swimming. 
At 7 Avila was 53° and sunny with a gusty offshore wind.  It felt like it was going to be a warm day. It was clear and the water wasn't too choppy.  I did the Yo-Yo between the right hand buoys and the end of the Avila Pier. Jim swam his own route, passing me a couple of times.   

I started by swimming down the buoy line to #4 and swimming the longest leg first and having only the length of the pier to do for the final leg.   The water was 57° and by 7 o'clock there was a chop and push coming offshore. The legs to the end of the pier had become noticeably easier than swimming  toward shore.  

Jim and I looking into the sunrise at the end of the Avila Pier.

I'll swim Saturday morning at 7 with Jodi and Tom and Sunday at 11 with Duke.

The lifeguards are working just on weekends in October. At the end of this month the guards and the buoys go away until next spring.

  
 
niel  


 

No comments: