Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Tuesday, October 10th, 2023

This morning Avila had heavy overcast. It was 57° with a light breeze. The water temperature was 59°, colder than Sunday but still on the warm end of the scale for Avila in October.  The surf was small and the water glassy with just a bit of a ruffle.     


This morning seemed like a day to go around the Poly Pier. For me the choice of direction is about which way I feel that I'd like to finish and this morning it meant swimming clockwise. 

Swinging around the end of the Poly Pier to swim down the west side.

I was not feeling too enthusiastic when arrived and got in but a problem with my cap set me right. Not far down the buoy line I began feeling a rub on my neck from the strap on the cap so I began paying attention to what I was doing with my head. I was lifting it too much when I breathed on the left (I alternate breath) and was twisting my nick instead of letting my head roll with my shoulders. With that sorted out my shoulders started feeling nice and strong and it felt good to push through the whole swim.  

After I had changed I saw Duke getting out.
He looked a bit bushed but I think he was glad that he is  
already getting strong enough to push himself.

He had seen Jim in the water.  

I'll be back Thursday and Saturday at 7. 

niel 




No comments: