Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Tuesday, October 3rd. 2023

 



I arrived at Avila earlier than usual and was able to enjoy the first part of the sunrise over Fossil Point.
It was 56°, calm and clear. The water was also 56° but felt colder to me than Sunday's 56°. The lack of sunshine on my back will make the water feel a degree or so colder than my thermometer says. The surf was up to 4'. The largest ones were barreling and making a nice boom when they broke.  
I decided to swim Jodi and my route from Saturday the other way around, heading down the buoy line, to the end of the Avila Pier, to the second crossbars on the Poly Pier, out to the end of the pier and then the 1100M swim to the beach.
Duke would arrive between 7 and 8 and do his lap around the Avila Pier. 



Sunrise from the Poly Pier.

Duke and I got out at the same time and met up on the beach. He was pleased that he 
had felt like pushing and for the first time was a bit tired from swimming. Not too bad for less than two weeks back in the water. 

Duke and I will swim on Thursday at 7.

niel



No comments: