Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Tuesday, November 28th, 2023

 


Jim and I had a great swim today. At 7 the air temperature in Avila Beach was 34° with a light and gusty offshore wind. The water was 54°. The surf is the same, soft 3' swells with periods of 6'+ sets.  Jim swam circles around me. After we got in the only time I saw him was when he motored past me on the leg from the reef buoy to the Poly Pier and a second time between the end of the Poly Pier and the second crossbars. He was dry and waiting for me when I got out.  
The chop was bigger the further I was offshore so going to the Poly Pier the conditions became bigger and laid down from there to the Avila Pier. 
I was colder out of the water than when I was swimming. Bare feet on cold concrete was not friendly and the wind on bare we skin sure hurried me us getting dry and dressed. I'll bring some rubber sandals next time. 
I guess that it is too late to ask UnoCal to install some infrared heaters at the showers......

The prediction is for .1 to .25 inch of rain Wednesday and showers Thursday. If that is all that we get I'll swim Thursday at 7.  If it dumps I'll sit out. 
Then Saturday at 7 and Sunday at 11.

niel   


No comments: