Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Tuesday, March 12th, 2024


The Avila Pier from near the mouth of San Luis Creek. 

I'm back to swimming at sunrise. I got in a bit after 7 when the light was good enough to see everything clearly. 

At 7 it was 45° in Avila and calm. The surf sounded large but was the same as it had been over the weekend, one to three foot breakers with an occasional larger set. The water is holding at 52°.

I did clockwise and counterclockwise triangles and swam 3,501M in 1:18.

Swimming parallel to the beach I'd occasionally find myself on the top of a big swell looking way down to the beach, but when I came in I swam to the shore without having to deal with any waves. 
The bottom is evened out now so there are no holes to drop into.

I'll be back on Thursday morning at 7.

niel         

No comments: