Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Tuesday, March 5th, 2024

It was a nice morning in Avila Beach. At 41° it was a bit on the cool side, there was a light offshore wind and small, weak waves. The beach and bottom are still stormed up: the beach and the shallow water is very rocky and there are a couple of sand bars that make the waves break about 100M out and again as they hit the beach.  The water temperature was 54°.      
I got in on the west side of the pier and planned on swimming two big triangles. I got the first done but half ways into the return, at the end of the Avila Pier, this barge had come in close to shore on the west side of the pier. This barge has a derrick and is used to place and pull out the buoys that we swim along all summer. It is too early for the buoys to be placed so maybe they were going to do some work on the pier.        

I reversed my plan and swam back the way I had come.

I'm done and ready to get out.
There is a bump on the horizon to the left of the end of the Avila Pier.
The barge was stationary out there until I left for home. At 11:30 they were gone. 

We are supposed to get some rain Wednesday afternoon nad evening but the predicted amounts are small so Swimming Thursday morning is iffy. The weather looks nice and dry through the weekend so I'm planning on swimming Saturday at 7 and Sunday at 11.        

niel

No comments: