Sunday, July 16, 2023

Sunday, July 16th, 2023

 
At 10:30 Avila Beach was already getting crowded. It was sunny with a fog bank offshore, 70+° and getting windy. The water conditions were a repeat of yesterday with clean, 59° water and small surf. I decided to do a clockwise loop to the end of the Poly Pier. I had a busy afternoon ahead so I got in early at 10:35. The wind was picking up as I turned around the reef buoy and headed towards the CPP. The chop and swell was out of the SE and got steadily larger on the way to the end of the Poly Pier.  I was busy trying to become one with the chop and got pushed in a bit and had to finish this leg by swimming out along the pier for a ways. The leg into the second crossbars was a hoot, getting lifted and launched in the direction that I wanted to go. The last leg back to the Avila Pier was across the chop and swell and I'll say it was some work but not as physical as the trip out.    

I had a great swim in the sun with fun conditions and almost 60° water. 
 
I think I had some nice photos of the conditions but, sadly, I suffered a brain fade and reviewed and then deleted the photos before saving them to my computer.  😫  

Tom swam before me and said Hi on his way to his car.   

When I got out David Cheney and another swimmer had left their stuff at my chair. I never saw them in the water. 

I'll be back Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 7.

niel

No comments: