Thursday, July 27, 2023

Thursday, July 27th, 2023

My Birthday Swim, Six Months Late

On January 27th, 2022 I swam 7200 M for my 72nd birthday. On 1/27/23 the water was 5 degrees colder and full of bacteria because of the heavy rains, so the swim was put off until it came together which was today.   

Conditions were perfect today. It was 56°, overcast, there was no wind or swell and the water was 61.7°. I planned on swimming our familiar triangles route but I extended the legs a bit to try and make four laps come out to 7300M.  I was off a bit and had 7,600M on my watch when I finished the forth lap. I hung in the water a bit and thought that 400M more would put me at 8,000 and that sounded nice, so I swam to the end of the pier and back before coming in and finished up with 8,372M in 3:08.      

At the showers after getting out. 
Either I'm squinting into the sun or have a case of goggle face. 

The swim was great. My nutrition worked out right, I never had to fool with my goggles or any of my gear and the water felt nice. It was still flat at 10 when I got out. The sun came out at about half way, which was nice, but the clouds came back in.

I want to thank Scott Kolofer, DC, for the great tune up yesterday. I felt all lined up and running smooth when I started swimming.

I spoke to Paula and her daughter before I got in. We did different routes.

I'll swim Saturday at 7. Maybe Jodi will give me a tow.

niel 


No comments: