Sunday, July 30, 2023

Sunday, July 30th, 2023

 We had a nice summer day and a large group of swimmers today. At 11 the air temp was 75°, the water was 61° to 62°, it was sunny and warm but not yet hot and there was just a slight wind. 
Today we had Tom Lorish and Sue, Niel, Tom Israel, David, Jaime, Jaime's boyfriend, Pete and Richard.
Sue and Tom were already out in the water when I got there. I saw then go west then back east along the buoy line. I do not know where they had been before I saw them.

Sue got back in with her sister with the 11 o'clock group.  Richard is going to do the Santa Cruz (?) half later this summer and came with Pete to begin his ocean swimming education. Pete regularly swam with us sometime pre-COVID so it was nice to see him again. The plan was to do one or two triangles. Pete and Richard stuck to the east side of the buoy line.  Tom I. came in from the end of the pier on the second lap. He was going bareback to prep for the Maui Channel relay later this summer. Sue and her sister stuck to the buoy line. That left Jaime, David and Niel to complete the two triangles. When we finished the second triangle Jaime and David decided to go down the buoy line again. I came in.    



Counting me this is six of the eight at the last buoy on the left side. 

There was a spare pair of sandals on the sand when I was leaving. 
If they are yours let me know and we'll arrange a hand off.   

I'm planning on swimming on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 7.


niel

No comments: