Thursday, July 6, 2023

Thursday, July 6th, 2023

 Double Short, and Stinky


Jim and I swam this morning at 7. I was going to go short in order to make a 9AM appointment and Jim, now wearing a Lycra sleeveless suit and ever closer to regaining his bareback form, would swim until he got cold.  The water had a surprise temperature of 12.5°C/54.5°F. Under gray skies this was a bummer. There was no was wind and the water was very smooth.  The second short was the very stinky water near the mouth of San Luis Creek. Sometimes the tide, waves and the volume of water held in the estuary wash out the channel at the creek mouth and the very stagnant and stinky water in the estuary is 'flushed' into the ocean. It is not something you want to intentionally expose yourself too. Jim and I cut to the right, swam directly to where we began and got out.           
Jim and I just before we turned to take a short cut back to the beach.

I'll swim Saturday morning at 7. I'll be out of town for Sunday and Tuesday's swims.

niel   


No comments: