Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday November 21, 2010

In spite of the occasional showers ti was sunny and warm(ish) at Avila beach today at 10:30. There was very little wind and the waves were small but coming in in rapid, bunched up sets. The water temperature was 55 and there was no sign of silt in the water from Saturday's rain. . There was one pelican making a few dives out near the end of the pier. The only other birds I saw were roosting on the jet ski dock. There was a short dozen boogie boarders in the water trying to milk a ride out of the mushy Avila waves. No one else showed so I hung out and enjoyed the sun and watched the boogie boarders. Of the group that was directly in front of me there was one young woman who got out, shed her wetsuit and got back in. She was still in the water 40 minutes later when I left. I wonder if she is a swimmer?
I'll be back next Sunday for a post turkey day swim.

niel

No comments: