Sunday, December 1, 2019

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Storm Conditions


I was at Avila at 11:30. The conditions were thoroughly messy and stormy. I'd decided to stay out today because of concerns about the water quality. The surf was not as large as I had expected but the waves were very close together. The water on this side of the pier was not brown sfom silt and runoff. Getting out through the waves was possible and swimming would have been a washing machine experience.
The County may collect their usual samples at Avila Beach and the SLO Creek mouth tomorrow. Sometimes they skip sampling when there are storm conditions. Their results are posted late Tuesday or Wednesday morning at http://slocounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/0693b6f43f444995afc3f90d29b81432
I hope they get out there Monday morning as I would like to know how buggy it was today.

niel


No comments: