Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Tuesday, July 28th, 2026

Fog Swim - 


There was not much to see this morning. The fog was in but once I was at the first buoy I could see the second and from the fourth buoy I could almost see the end of the Avila Pier so a couple of triangles was a good route this morning. The air temperature was 54° and the water was 60° to 62°. The water conditions were very nice. With no sun the water did not feel like 60° when I got in and swimming into water that was one to two degrees colder got my attention. The surf was 2 foot plus, the water was clean and there was a one foot swell out of the SW that put gave the water some character. 
It had not yet begun to clear when I was at the showers.  The clouds would need to burn off soon if Avila was going to make it to 84° today.  At that those air and water temperatures swimming in the afternoon would be lovely. 

If it is foggy Thursday morning I'll consider swimming out and back along the Poly Pier. 

niel

No comments: