Saturday, September 12, 2026

Saturday, September 12th, 2026

Very Warm Water - 

Before we got in I measured 63° water temperature off of the Avila Pier, the water was a degree or two warmer most everywhere we swam today. When we were at the  Poly Pier the water temperature reading was 65°.  (I checked this on their website after the swim at  https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/data/realtime2/CPXC1.ocean).    

Jodi, Avery, Tom and Niel
at the Poly Pier

The surf was 2 to 3 foot, the water is was nice and clean with good visibility, it was overcast and 60° on the beach.  January's mid to low 50's water temperatures seem a faint memory now, but in November the ocean will begin changing to winter conditions.  I'll be happy if the water temperature stays in the mid 50's this winter, instead of the low to below 50° of previous winters.     
We swam a tour of the water between the Avila and Poly Piers, finishing up with the 1000M leg from the end of the Poly Pier to the beach. 

For this coming week I'll swim Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 7.

niel 

No comments: