Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wednesday Evening, April 16,2014


An Even Warmer Wednesday
It was just Sylvia, myself and all of that 59 degree water this evening.  Avila Beach was crowded, sunny, warm and almost windless.  There was a bit of a swell but it was not producing any waves over 2 to 3 feet.  There were a lot of people fishing from both sides of the pier but no signs of bait fish, no seals and only two pelicans.  We began by swinging out to the second buoy to avoid the fishing lines.  Sylvia swam laps along the buoy line on the east side of the pier while I did a triangle.  I cane under the pier and continued to my starting point at the second buoy.  Just as I was approaching the buoy I ran head on into Sylvia. What are the chances of that? I was siteing on the buoy and she was working around some kelp.  We both had a good laugh about how we managed to collide with the whole ocean to swim in.
We'll be back Sunday.

niel 

No comments: