Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday, July 23, 2014


A Therapeutic Swim

I'd had a long day with a lot of driving and a meeting in the middle, but really felt that a swim would be good so I dragged myself to the beach.  Wow, it was warm, crowded and the water was 65 degrees!  It was not as windy as it had been in San Luis Obispo but the wind at Avila couldn't seem to decide what direction was right for it.  Anything direction between the SW to the east was being tried.  Ali and I swam down to Fossil Point and back.  We covered 9/10's of a mile in a casual manner.  The water was even warmer by several degrees down towards the point so we were stopping and just enjoying the water.  You can tell from the plot that swimming into the late afternoon glare made navigating a challenge.  When we got out I felt great, completely rejuvenated and looking forward to dinner. 

niel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great swim, thanks again Niel!