Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sunday, June 5th, 2022

 At 10:30 it was still pretty quiet at Avila, the crowds don't show up until between noon and one. It was 75° and breezy but not blowing yet. 

Conditions looked really nice when I was taking the water temperature from the pier, which was 59°!

David and I got in at 11. We planned on starting left and doing a couple of triangles or more if that felt too short. The wind had come up and was blowing out of the SE. It was hard enough to make a pushy chop for us to swim into. 
Pat caught up with us when we arrived at the end of the Avila Pier. There was some miscommunication and Pat kept going when we arrived at the Avila Pier while David and I doubled back on our course. Between the last buoy on the west side and the end of the Avila Pier the wind moved into the NW, really started to blow and put a serious chop on the water. pat was swimming very uphill to us at the end of the pier so we got going and picked him up on our way to the reef buoy. It was fun swimming 'downhill' to the reef buoy but not the same kind of fun as swimming back to the Avila Pier. 


Here was to be my first Dolphins showing the conditions at the last buoy on the left of the pier, but due to technical difficulties I have not figured out why will let me upload this video but it will not 'be available', so the best I can do is a snip from the video.  😒 

I'll be back Tuesday morning at 7, well before the wind and the crowds show up.

niel

No comments: