Thursday, October 1, 2026

Thursday, October 1st, 2026

The Other Side - 

This morning Hillary and I did my Tuesday Nested Triangles swim on the opposite side of the pier. I've felt that the distances between the end of the Avila pier and the buoys on the west side was shorter than those on the east side.  Today was a good day to flip over Tuesday's swim and see what the difference was. The answer was that the route on the west side was 263M shorter.

Unlike Tuesday there was no offshore wind this morning so the overcast/fog was solid. The clouds were not down on the deck so visibility was good but gray with the buoys without colors or shadows disappearing into the flat light. 

For numbers we had an air temperature of 57°, the water was 63°- 64°, the surf was 2 foot +/- and there were no large groups of birds, one seal and no otters or dolphins.  There was a small SW swell.            

The swimming was nice and the water comfortable.  I've found a way to get my watch to upload to the Garmin app immediately: After stopping the app and saving the data, I go back to the watch face. When I want to upload the new data I open the Garmin app and hit the the buttons on my watch that is at 2 o'clock and open the event screen where you select Run, Pool Swim, Bike etc. As soon as any event screen opens the watch begins downloading to the app. No more waiting for an indeterminate time for the download. 



Hillary and the bus are back. She is holding a blue doggie toy I found in the sand that is going to join the other found sand creatures on her party boat with the GoPro camera. 


We'll swim Saturday morning at 7. 


niel

No comments: