Thursday, September 28, 2023

Thursday, September 28th, 2023

🏊🌞🌊⛄     Got It?

Avila was clear and sunny and 56°. There was no wind. There was a mixed swell from the SW that swam as if it was choppy. The water temp was 55° - 56°.
I did this back and forth thing between the two piers for 3600M. Duke got in a bit after me and did his swim along the Avila Pier. It was bumpy everywhere. It was work pushing into it on the way to the end of the CPP and a nice shove on the way back to the beach.     

It was beautiful at the end of the Poly Pier but at 55° I'm 
inclined to keep swimming rather than hang out at the turns.   

This was pretty random stuff to swim in with several swells with different periods.
It was more of a mental challenge to figure out how to work the conditions than than 
to do the swimming.

Jodi and Tom will probably join me on Saturday at 7. I'll swim in the sunshine on Sunday at 11 with whoever shows up. 

niel

No comments: