Saturday, June 15, 2024

Saturday, June 15th, 2024

 A Different Triangle Route - 

Today's route was decreasing triangles. We swam from the first buoy to the 4th, to the end of the pier and back to the 1st buoy, then to the third for a smaller triangle, the second and finally from the first buoy out to the end of the pier and back.  I do not think I have done this route before. It is curious how the various routes between the buoys and the end of the pier are all about 3,200M.  

At 7AM it was sunny, calm and 49° in Avila Beach, which was a surprise because it was 69° in San Luis Obispo when I left for the beach. The surf was small but there was a short period swell from the SW. The swell had a period that was almost the same and my stroke so we were getting a small lift and drop with each stroke.  The water gods were entertained by our reaction to water that was back to 52+° but the sun felt really nice.  


I'll swim tomorrow at 11.

niel

No comments: