Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday Evening June 26, 2013


It was a totally summer evening at Avila Beach today.  It was cloudless and very warm with only a slight breeze out of the SE.  The water was pretty much flat and 62 degrees with sets of 2 to 3' waves.  Byron and I swan the buoy line plus some extra distance down towards Fossil Point.  Mark and Hank got in just after us and swam a shorter version of our route.  This was Hank's first ocean swim.  He seemed to of enjoyed himself and I think we will be joining us in the future.

The squiggle near the end of our swim is a gps anomaly.  I stopped at that spot, removed my goggles (with the Finis Hydro Tracker) so that I could pull my caps back down.  Dangeling around on my arm for a minute must have confused the software.


niel 

No comments: