Sunday, September 3, 2017

Sunday, September 3, 2017


Sunday was hot, sunny and very crowded with superb swimming conditions. I measured a water temperature of 66 degrees F / 18.889 C. The highest water temperature at Avila that that I know of was 67 degrees so this was very warm. The ocean was clean and flat with an occasional 2 to 3' wave and no wind. 

We had 17 swimmers today.  John, Karen, Bob, Barbara, Emerson, Duke and Chad went with wetsuits while Niel, Steve, Paula, Heidi, Amy, Jonny, Maria, Saga, his friend and Peter went bareback.
I didn't spend much time taking pictures. I took only a group photo that turned out all green and this one of me at the start to document that I was in the water without a wetsuit. The water felt great and so much more tactile than with the wetsuit, but I didn't feel that I could linger with other swimmers because I didn't know if I would get cold.
There will be a Labor Day swim tomorrow, in the water at 10 with a pot luck afterwards. 

niel

No comments: