Saturday, October 7, 2023

Saturday, October 7th, 2023

Wow, what a nice day to swim at Avila Beach.

Niel, Jim, Tom Israel, Sue and Jodi swam this morning. We got in at 7 AM and swam around Avila Rock. Neither Jim or Tom had been out there before and today turned out to be a wonderful day for that route. It was 55° at 7 with a slight offshore breeze, no clouds, an occasional 3 foot wave with glassy water.     

Tom, Jodi and Niel getting in with Jim in the background just off of Jodi's right shoulder. The water temperature was up to 59° 😀.  The water felt comfortable and easy to swim in.   

I was the slowest swimmer in the water. The group started pushing each other so I got to the rock after Jim, Tom and Sue everyone had made their turn and headed back towards the Avila Pier. 

Jodi waited for me so I got a photo of us with the rock in the background.
Avila Rock blends in in the photo. It is the brown lump in front of the light color of Fossil Point.   

In order to make it a full hour Jodi and I did a finishing loop over to the #4 buoy and back to the pier. It was 72° and getting warm when we were at the showers. 

I'll swim tomorrow at 11. 

niel


No comments: