Sunday, October 22, 2023

Sunday, October 22nd, 2023

 It is feeling like fall in Avila Beach 

At 10:30 Duke and I were holding down the beach. There were more people walking on the beach than set up with blankets or chairs. It was 63° and calm but the breeze was starting up and by 12:30 the swimming conditions would be blown out. Pismo looked to be fogged in and fog was trying to roll over the hills west of the port. The water was colder at 56° and the temperature is supposed to slide down a few more degrees in this coming week.    

Duke and I got in on the west side at the second buoy. He swam straight out past the end of the pier, turned left, swam to the lifeguard tower on the east side and in for his 1,100 yds. I turned left at the buoy line for the 4th buoy on the east side with a plan to do two triangles. My shoulders had been aching the whole way and at the end of the first triangle I decided that one triangle would be good for today. I did my own tri on Friday; the Shovel, Wheelbarrow and Rake 4 cu. yds. of bark tri and doing 6 hours of real work seems to have put the hurt on my shoulders. Our yard looks really nice though.

Again, no plot today. I fired the staff who forgot to start my watch yesterday and got it started today. When I got out I saw 1900M on the clock but when I got home Mr. Garmin said that there was no data. I rebooted the watch and I'll see how it goes Tuesday.  

Sending out thoughts to give Pat a push who is doing the full Ironman in Fresno today. 

I'll swim on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings at 7 and Sunday at 11.

niel  

No comments: