Thursday, October 12, 2023

Thursday, October 12th, 2023

 Wind, Waves and Colder

When I arrived a Avila at 7 there was an offshore wind picking up. It was clear, 57° and the wind was holding up the occasional 5' breakers. There was no chop on the water yet. I didn't see Dukes car. Getting out through the surf required good timing but no duck diving. 
I decided to wander around between the two piers; the second crossbars, the end of the Avila pier, the end of the Poly Pier, the third crossbars and a second stop at the end of the Avila Pier before going in. The water is down to 56°. In the last week the water temp has gone from 56° to 61° and back to 56°. My hands and toes got cold today so I'm thinking I may need to up my neoprene this weekend. 

     
At the end of the Poly Pier. 

When I was on the leg to the end of the Poly Pier from the Avila Pier there was a push and chop coming off of the beach. It was running against the swell so the surface conditions were 'mixed'. 

Duke got in at 7:30 and did his loop around the Avila Pier.


I'll be back at 7 on Saturday and at 11 on Sundry.

niel

No comments: