Sunday, October 15, 2023

Sunday, October 15th, 2023

 At 11 o'clock Margarita, Duke, David and Niel got in on the west side of the pier.  It was sunny and breezy with an air temperature of 75° and a water temp of 57° which felt a lot friendlier than yesterday mornings 49° air and 55° water.  
Margarite and Duke would do Duke's 1000 yds around the Avila Pier. Niel and David were going to swim over to the second crossbars on the Poly Pier and go from there. 
Margarite and Duke getting in 

The surf was 2 to 3 foot with an occasional 4 to 5 footer. When I jumped through the lip of a 5 footer I found put that I had not zipped up my wetsuit. I could only get the zipper up about half way so I caught up with Duke and had him finish zipping me up. We headed out on our respective routes.    

David, Margarite and Duke behind his float at the first buoy.

Half of the way to the Poly Pier Justin caught up with me. We had met before after a morning swim. He is training for a half and was interested in joining us. The three of us swam to the second crossbars and to the end of the Avila Pier.


David, Niel and Justin's route

Justin, Niel and David at the end of the Avila Pier. 

Justin went in from the end of the Avila Pier.  David and I headed towards the end of the Poly Pier. This leg was into a steep head slapping chop that required some mind games to deal with. Fortunately the chop flattened out some as we approached the Poly Pier and got into the shadow of the breakwater.

David and I swam in to the third crossbars and from there directly to the beach.

Duke and I will swim Tuesday and Thursday at 7. Jodi, Tom and I will swim on Saturday at 7 and I'll swim on Sunday with Duke and whoever else shows up.

niel

P.S. - The problem with the text is not you. Sometimes Blogspot gets into a funk and refuses to left justify text. It's a free google app so I'm getting what I paid for.

  

No comments: