Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024

 
At sunrise this morning the air temperature at Avila was 39°. It was clear with a steady offshore wind which was wrinkling the surface of the water and kept me moving as I got ready to get in. The swell was 3 to 5 feet. The water temperature was 55° over near the Poly Pier but it was colder closer to Avila.  

I swam to the end of the Avila Pier, to the end of the Poly Pier, to the second crossbars, back to the end of the Avila Pier, around the reef buoy, back and in. Either the swell had gone way down or I was really lucky with my timing because I was able to swim right in without messing with the surf.
Duke left his card on my car. I do not know if he swam or did a ride by.      


It will rain tonight and on Wednesday and the swell will increase to 10 to 15 feet (at the Diablo Buoy) on Wednesday and again on Friday, so swimming on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday will be a matter of deciding if the conditions are clean enough and the surf is not too large. 


niel   

No comments: