Back to the 60's -
A nice surprise today. The water temp was up to 63° after a flirtation with 59° on Thursday so I had a very relaxing and enjoyable swim. Out beyond the end of the Avila Pier there was a small swell but there was flat, clean water everywhere.
As I was walking to the water I met Chris, who was here for the day from LA. He swims in a pool and the ocean and wanted to get in and swim at Avila Beach. I suggested that he would enjoy swimming the buoy line. He liked the idea, I didn't see him after I got out. I swam over and back to the Poly Pier from the end of the Avila Pier hitting the end of the p. pier, the mooring and the third and second crossbars.
niel
While I was at the showers Duke rode by and stopped to chat. Then Phil Toriello joined us and he filled us in on his recent participation in a lifeguard competition in Mexico. (I may have the location wrong). His experience included placing in the top 3 in his age group in some of the events and a major GI meltdown. Pro Tip: when in Mexico don't drink the energy drink that is provided by the local race organizers.
All together, a very nice start to my Saturday.
At the showers.
This coming week will swim at 7 on Tuesday, 8 on Thursday and 7 on Saturday.


No comments:
Post a Comment