Sharks Can't Read -
The shark signs were back up this morning. I do not have any reliable information about how or why the shark warnings are posted, so I'm with Tom L., sharks are always here in some numbers so I'll keep swimming, be aware and cautious and do more research.
The conditions at Avila Beach are pretty stable making for great swimming; there is heavy overcast in the mornings with good visibility, occasional fog, clean and glassy water, no wind, one to two foot surf and a water temperature of around 60°.
This morning the water was 59° near the Avila Pier and 61° near the Poly Pier. I swam along and around the ends of both piers.
Tom Israel participated in a six person relay crossing of the Catalina Channel this morning. They began last night at about 10PM and swam from Camp Emerald Bay on Catalina Island to Portuguese Bend. Their time was 10:48:57. The water was about 70° and calm.
There should be a photo of the team and crew here but Blogspot is still being selective about which photos it will add to a post. 😠
I'll swim Thursday and Saturday at 7
niel


No comments:
Post a Comment