Thursday, August 26, 2021

Thursday, August 27th, 2021

 I Get A Break  

I arrived at Avila Beach a little before 9. I was swimming solo. Duke was going to swim at Lopez Lake today and Tom is in Dallis coaching a masters team at the Water Polo Nationals. It was still grey but the clouds were thinning. The air temperature was 59° and the water was 61.5°. The waves were small with just a slight chop on the water. Very nice swimming conditions! In the flat light it was hard to be sure but the water looked pretty clean from the pier. I decided to stay close in and do two triangles. I don't know why. There was no knowing where the red tide might be but somehow staying closer seemed like a better idea. I swam out, turned left and hoped to swim for an hour without stopping or having to rethink my plan. The water looked a little cloudy but not red and I wasn't sure if it tasted funny. The water on the west side of the pier was about 1° warmer. The sun came out at my turnaround point and I wasn't seeing any yuch in the water, just the usual summer cloudiness. What a nice change from getting chased around by the Red Crud.

I'll be back at 9 on Saturday and 11 on Sunday. Duke is racing on Saturday so I may be solo until next Tuesday.

niel   

No comments: