Saturday, December 11, 2021

Saturday, December 11th, 2021

This morning Niel, Stephanie, Jodi and Leslie got in at 8 and Tom got in at 9. Today was the debut of the Avila Dolphin Swim Caps! 

We have never had Avila Dolphins swim caps so I had the original 1990's artwork from the sweatshirts updated and TheSwim Outlet had these made by TYR. They look wonderful and their service was great.   


Leslie, Jodi and Stephanie not feeling the cold because 
they are looking good in their new Dolphin gear.

The water was 55° and nice and clear. Wednesday nights storm had flushed the lingering red tide out of San Luis Bay. It was sunny and clear but the air temp was 34° at 7:45 when we were getting ready. My feet got cold before I got in and didn't warm up until I was at home and in the shower. 
We swam a new route, for me; to the end of the Avila Pier, to the second crossbars, to the end of the CP Pier and directly back to the beach at the Yacht Club. There was offshore chop seaward of the end of the Avila Pier which I didn't notice until we headed in towards the beach. The first half of the last leg was work but the chop laid down when we came even with the ocean end of the Avila Pier making the last 500M easier swimming.  
Jodi and I were breaking in new wetsuits today and we picked a good day to be comfortable in the water.  Jodi has a fleece lined Aspire that she is very happy with. I have a new version of the same Patagonia R3 that I have been wearing for several years. The old one has about 150 swims in it and it is tired and leaky. The new one lets in very little water and will be my best friend this winter.   

Stephanie, Niel, Jodi and Leslie at the end of the Cal Poly Pier. 

I'll swim tomorrow at 11and hope to have company. I think Duke is out of town.

niel 



No comments: