Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Tuesday, December 21st, 2021

I swam at 8 this morning and Tom got in at 9.  The air temperature at 7:30 was 36° and I measured a water temperature of 54°. The surf was 2 to 3 foot with occasional 4+ foot sets. 
The wind was offshore and had pushed up a chop that was heading south. The dominant swells were coming from the SW.  The technical term for these surface conditions  would be 'messy'. I swam out and parallel to the beach until I was opposite the reef buoy, hooked out and around it and went directly to the end of the Cal Poly Pier, reversed course and followed my bubbles back the way I had come. 
Tom swam to the end of the CP Pier, in to the second crossbeam and then stopped texting.   
A couple of shots taken at the end of the Cal Poly Pier.  



I won't swim again until next Tuesday. I anointed Jodi as Beachmaster while I'm away. 
I will be raining the rest of this week so the bacteria count may be up. The County will post the results of their samples from Monday on Wednesday. You can see the results for AB 8 (the beach to the right of the pier) and AB 10 (the mouth of San Luis Obispo Creek) at 
  
https://slocounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/0693b6f43f444995afc3f90d29b81432

With most of my volunteers out of town this week the Blue Water Task Force is not scheduled to collect samples on Thursday. Our weekly water sampling results are at  https://bwtf.surfrider.org/explore/34

Have a great holiday and travel safely.

niel  


 

No comments: