Sunday, June 25, 2023

Sunday, June 25th, 2023

It was cloudy and coolish (56°) with a light breeze when I got to Avila but the sun came out while we were swimming and warmed things up nicely. The wind was already blowing offshore with whitecaps towards the horizon and a bumpy surface closer in. The plankton was thickish from the beach out to the end of the Avila Pier and where it thinned out to a nice clarity.          
Jamie was already swimming along the buoy line when I got in. We met up at the first buoy. I wanted to get offshore enough to be clear of the plankton so we swam the Cal Poly Pier.
The was Jamie's first time swimming along the CPP and being 'out in the ocean'. She was stoked. We came back to the end of the Avila Pier. Jamie went in and I swam to the last buoy on the east side and aback to our starting point.    


Next week I'll swim on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 7 and Sunday at 11. 

niel

No comments: