Thursday, June 29, 2023

Thursday, July 29th, 2023

 
Sunlight on the Cal Poly Pier

I'm trying to have Thursday's be my long days so I did three triangles for 5,134 M this morning. The distance was OK but the 52.7° water was not my friend and there were cold spots that really got my attention.  I towed a bottle of Fluid Performance which gave me just enough more energy to even me out with the lower water temperature, so I was still out of gas at two hours. I've found that the Performance is good for hydration but it is only 100 calories a serving so it is not enough for cold water swimming. Next week I'll bring along a bottle of gels and see if I am not as spent when I get out.  A 55 or 56 degree water temperature would also help a lot.

At 7 the air temperature was 56° with a light wind and lower, more fog like clouds with some holes for the sun to peak through. The plankton level was mild. 

I'll swim two miles +/- Saturday at 7 and Sunday at 11. 

niel 

No comments: