Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Tuesday, June 20th, 2023


It was really nice in Avila Beach this morning with great swimming conditions. It is a matter of luck, the wind, the tide and what the water gods want to give you that determines if you have nice clean water or a funky red brown plankton soup.    

At 7:00 I waded into 55° to 56° water with some spots between the Avila and Poly Piers that were 54°-. The water was nice and clean all of the way. It was windy in SLO when I left for the beach but it was still calm in Avila Beach when I arrived. Out towards the Poly Pier there was a small swell from the SW so it was already blowing offshore. Between 8 and 8:30 the wind started working into Avila Beach. Tom was going to swim around 9:00 to 9:30 so check below for his report about how the conditions were for him.

I had a great swim.   




Clean water
niel


Tom's Swim Report - 

The wind gods smiled on me… it was glassy and smooth, no wind when I got in at 9:40, and it was exactly the same when I got out around 11.  The water was pristine and clear. Beautiful swimming today.  

No comments: