Sunday, June 4, 2023

Sunday, June 4th, 2023

Niel, Jamie, Victoria, two of Victoria's friends, Tom L., and John and Jonny swam around mid day today.

When I first got to the beach I saw Tom swimming towards the end of the Avila Pier. He was far enough out that he would have been aiming for the end of the Poly Pier. Saw him again when he was at the Avila Pier as he was finishing up, when Victoria and her friends, Jamie and I were just getting started.  Afterwards, around 1, I saw what looked like John and Jonny moving out through the surf and starting their swim. 

It was a great day for swimming. There was no wind, the water smooth and glassy and the water's temperature was up to 54° - 55°.  At 11 it was still grey all of the way down to the horizon but the sun did come out around noon.

Victoria and her friends swam out and back along the left buoy line. Jamie and I did three triangles for 4,500M.   


I'll be back to swim on Tuesday morning at 7. That will be it for me for a week as I'll be out of town Wednesday through Sunday.

niel

1 comment:

Jaime Lee Marsalek said...

I plan on swimming Sunday at 11 if anyone wants to meet up !